8. Hold On We’re Goin Home (feat. Majid Jordan) – Not een gon lie bruh. I fucks wit this shit pretty heavy. Besides it jus bein a dope song his lyrics on this shit dont air no exes dirty laundry out n he aint flexin his newfound G or nothin like that… Of course he gotta sneak in some shit bout how the chick in the song is a good girl BUT…….Drizzy knowin exactly who she really could be. That line in the song basically sums up how Drizzy views broads in general b… They like lost puppies to him who dont kno how to use they legs n whatever til he comes along n helps em figure out how to put one paw in front of the other n shit. But thats minor. I always use to say Drake really needs to stick wit rappin cuz it aint like the nigga a gifted singer or nothin like that. But he might coulda found his zone right here cuz the song works even for a dude wit limited range as a singer namsayin. Yeah its some lightweight 80s Commodores/Lionel Richie type shit but it works.
9. Connect – This more of that “Take Care Drake” again. I aint mad at the beat…but he doin too much on the lyrics side of things b.
“Isnt it amazin how you talk all this shit n we still lack communication?
How beautiful our kids would be girl…I dont need convincing…”
“Dont talk to me like Im famous…
And dont assume cuz I dont like assumptions babe
Im jus tryna connect…wit sumthin babe”
Really bruh bruh?
“She jus wanna run over my feelings
Like she drivin in a 18 wheeler…”
Its almost like J Cole donated this line to him n shit…
The 3rd verse is jus the worlds most pointless story bout how he usin his uncles car for like the third time on the album to go see a girl n had to stop for gas. The nigga even gave us directions in his bars like we tryin to go see her too. This shit aint really got no purpose in existing yo.
10. The Language – Son brought the Versace flow back for this shit…I aint mad at it. The beat is kinda like some Eurythmics type shit but it aint terrible or nothin. Imma never understand why this dude talks bout other niggas bein jealous of him so much tho… but Im almost startin to not notice when he doin it. Its like son…why you clingin to all this bitterness for? Let go of all the angst n shit b… Jus enjoy ya life or whatever. You aint gotta be so salty dawg. Son probably be goin on Facebook to look up niggas he aint seen since elementary school who hit him too hard when they played dodgeball together in gym class n shit to tag em in pictures of him standin in front of his crib wearin erry single chain…
11. 305 To My City (feat. Detail) – I get it I get it I get it I get it I get it I get it I get it I get it I get it I get it I get it I get it…. Jus shut the fuck up already nigga.
12. Too Much (feat. Sampha) – This almost like the ‘Look What You’ve Done’ of this album except he kinda pattin hisself on the back for makin it instead of thankin his loved ones n those who made his success possible nahmean. Also he kinda broken up n upset bout some muthafuckas on this shit again n venting his heart out n whatever . I cant front on the hook n the beat tho…n truth be told Aubrey aint exactly disrespect the track or nothin like that. He done stepped the flow up infinitely since Thank Me Later… so you gotta give the nigga credit where its due. Anyways this definitely one of the best songs on the album regardless of the feelings bein caught on it.
13. Pound Cake/Paris Morton Music 2 (feat. Jay Z) – So this the joint muthafuckas been waitin on for like 3 years n shit. Last time these two niggas dropped a duet (Lights Out) there wasnt really no clear winner n shit. This time its a different story tho. But before we get into all that can we jus talk bout this muthafuckin hook for a minute yo? Like its 2013 b…wit the art of DJing slowly dyin out in actual rap music…is it really necessary for niggas to have Timbaland doin this ficky ficky shit wit his mouth? Its like 1. it aint like they got somebody like Rahzel or a dude who really does this shit well… I mean 2. didnt Eminem play that shit the fuck out already anyways? And 3. cant we jus keep Timbaland away from recording booths already? 4. How they gon use the most classic Wu Tang hook n probably the one of the greatest hooks of all times PERIOD anyways b? But Ion wanna let all that fuckery distract me from the verses. Its no secret that Hov these days is kinda like a pale shadow of his old self n shit. From time to time he still be gettin busy but this aint the same Jiggaman that was tradin bars wit Biggie n holdin his own or the same nigga who use to cook up flawless verses from thin air in his head n spit em in one take 5 mins later n shit. Either he aint been inspired to go in like that no more or he really jus losin his touch slowly. I mean I actually appreciated the MCHG album but that shit aint had a lot of lyrical depth to it…like a lot of the shit he dropped after 2009 basically. Minus a couple highlights here n there. Lets jus be honest b. I mean thats my favorite rapper but he aint exactly hidin his blemishes too good these days. But for Drake to spit his verse n you like maaaaaan…this nigga Aubrey still salty bout his old classmates n shit but his bars was kinda fire. Then Hov get on the mic n he like “cake…cake cake cake cake”… n you jus like cmon Hov. You better than this son…n you gon take shots at the Broadstreet Bully like 3 years after he dissed you? Aint he join thru enough anyhow?I aint mad at the verse. It was aight. Shit would be dope if it was Nelly or Flo Rida spittin or some shit…but we jus expect more from the GOAT. To add some insult to injury the nigga Drake spits another verse on the Paris Morton shit n lets loose wit all his frustrations wit bein seen as a lil nigga in the game still. Wonder why that is bruh?
Anyway…he throws a couple rocks at the throne n vents n he out. Its a dope way to close out the album so I aint mad at it.So thats that. I aint touchin the bonus tracks cuz far as Im concerned that aint got nothin to do wit the album itself. This my honest unbiased thoughts on this shit tho…after I heard ‘Started From The Bottom’ n ‘5 AM In Toronto’ I felt like yo…guess maybe this fool Drake wanna step his whole shit up. He had also jumped on the Versace joint n it was like aight…I see what he doin. He dropped a couple more hot verses on some other shit. Then he had that wack ass ‘No New Friends’ record which reminded me why I aint like this niggas music in the first place. But I had the glimpses…the dude capable of better shit than what he get be gettin credit for sometimes. Is Drizzy a salty cornball who cant get a grip on his emotions n has a hard time lettin go of exes, coulda-beens n deceased female music artists he aint never een met n spends too much time reflectin on the hardships of his upper middle class childhood n tryin to lyrically ether anybody who ever knocked his juicebox over in the school lunchroom or broke his crayons? YES. Did son kinda ease up on all the moist towelette pillow talk n leave the nigga who claps his hands n jumps up n down when somebody brings a puppy into the room at home while he recorded this album? YES. Does the nigga got a funny ass habit of airin out other peoples business n dedicatin random lines in his verses to chicks he once knew (“This for shorty up on Glengrove who love when I catch my tempo”)? YES. Is this sons best album? YES. Theres a few tracks on this shit thats jus straight garbage…but Take Care was 80% unforgivable to me bruh. Thank Me Later was aight but son was goin thru that stage where his raps was trash. So even tho he got some bullshit songs (Own It, Worst Behavior, 305 To My City) he also made summa the best music of his career on this shit. Not all of this shit is for me but I wont say shit like Furthest Thing is trash jus cuz I personally skip thru the first 2/3 of that track whenever it comes on. Im unbiased enough to see what the vision here is b. So even tho I had expected a lot more after the quality of the singles he dropped Imma g’head n give this shit the fairest n most unbiased n accurate rating yall gon find outchea in these internets…